Sunday, August 19, 2007

Superstar!




Ok, so maybe I'm not there yet... but perhaps some day I'll earn a superstar status. Or maybe I'll just end up having some fun. Either way, the word on the street is... I've gotten back into acting! Nothing hardcore, I am a mommy afterall, but certainly a fun side hobby. I'm being represented by Knightstar Talent here in Utah. In June I was cast in a supporting role in a short film called Jerry. It's about a Zombie who works in an office. It's a comedy. And a musical. Yes, I'm serious. It's hilarious, and I sing and dance and spin and, I'm sure, look completely ridiculous. Bonus: I actually got paid! Woo! That's right, I'm a professional thespian. My coolness rating just went up a point. So, I guess I'm a solid 5 now. Niiiiiiiiiice. Now, hopefully I'll be able to reach my two reasonable acting goals: 1) I'd like to land a role in a Disney Channel Original Movie. Just a little one would be fine, I'm realistic. But since they film a ridiculous amount of these things here in SLC, this is a goal that could be fairly achievable. 2) If they film High School Musical 3 here in Utah ( as they did with the first 2), I MUST be in it in some way, shape, or form. I don't care if I'm an unpaid extra in the back corner of one shot. That's fine. I just want to be in it. I mean, if you're an actor in Utah and you're not in a HSM in some way, well, you're really not an actor in Utah, now are you?






2 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

Great pic! Sounds like fun.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Lizzie, I found you from Cheryl's blog. I just wanted to add my two cents to your stroller question. Here they are:

I have a side by side double stroller (that's also a bike trailer) and a front to back double stroller. While I prefer the side by side for walks, etc when chillens are older, I really loved my front to back when the babes were still in a car seat. It was so so nice to put sleeping #2 in the stroller without disturbing her. The front to backs are a beast to turn corners with (in stores/tight spaces/etc.) but worth it, in my book. I still use mine occassionally and will be doing so again when #4 gets here.
And if you go with a side by side, I'd recommend one that is also a bike trailer. That's an awesome combo.
Oh, and one more thing...I am not a huge fan of the baby carrier things, so I'd totally say go for a double stroller!

That's more like a nickel's worth, I suppose, but...you asked!

And congratulations on your acting career! I'm a closet thespian, but just haven't found the gumption to even do local theatre since having my second child. Good luck to you!